sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin, Book 7)

Widow's Web - Jennifer Estep Thank goodness that this series has returned to what made it one of my favorite series; Gin kicking butt and taking no prisoners. This story is simply amazing and I’m so thankful that I didn’t give up on the Elemental Assassin series after By a Thread, in which I thought the series had reached its endpoint.

In Widow’s Web we get to sneak a peek into Gin’s lover Owen Grayson’s past life, when his ex-lover Salina Dubois arrives back in Ashland. Salina is not just back to pick up the pieces of her father’s empire which Mab had taken over, but to get Owen back as well. There are some heavy emotional scenes between Gin and Owen, which makes Widow’s Web one of the most poignant novels of the series. In the end the story plays out exactly as I thought it should but it was heartbreaking nevertheless.

As a side story, I particularly liked the play between Eva and Phillip Kincaid; an excellent addition to the series ensemble. I can’t wait to read Deadly Sting to see what Ms. Estep has in store for this amazing cast of characters next.