sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Mercy Burns (Myth and Magic, Book 2)

Mercy Burns - Keri Arthur 3.5 Stars
Keri Arthur has been one of my favorite authors since I discover her Riley Jensen series. Mercy Burns is the second installment in her Myth and Magic series. This book is a good solid read and I loved the lure of the dragons. The traditions and world building for their culture was unique and interesting. The schism between the dragon council and the cliques was well done and a main plotline for the story; I wonder if Ms. Arthur has any plans to carry that forward??

Anyway, Mercy Reynolds is an investigative reporter and is tracking down the death of her best friend’s sister. She gets caught up in the intrigue and is kidnapped and thrown into a cell where another victim is being held. He is known as “muerte” and is intriguing as he is sexy. Together, they have to overcome each of their prejudices and work together to resolve a mystery that could destroy the dragons.

Damon “muerte” Rey stole the book for me. He made no apologies for what he was: an assassin sent by the council to investigate the mysterious goings on, and I loved him for it. He is the quiet strong type and balanced Mercy well. Overall, a solid read from a series I would continue.