sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One

Hounded - Kevin Hearne 4.5 out of 5 Stars
What is the oldest living druid to do in the modern world? Open a book and tea shop to serve the elderly of Tempe, Arizona, that’s what. Atticus O’Sullivan is a 2100 year old druid, who looks about 21. During that time, he has been on the run from a Celtic god who has sworn to kill him due to a disagreement about a magical sword all those years ago.

I don’t read much UF with male lead characters, but this series has changed my mind. I loved this book and I can’t wait to read the next two books in the series. Since this is the first book in the series, you do get a fair amount of back history and world building. Not enough to make you go screaming into the night, but enough to understand that the world Atticus came from is a very opportunistic world, full of backstabbing and intrigue.

I loved his relationship with Oberon, his “pet” wolfhound and his elderly neighbor. Oberon’s dry wit had me laughing out loud at times and I marvel at this wonderful character that can relay so much with so little actually said.

Highly recommend for Urban Fantasy fanatics. If you need romance in your books, this would not be a series for you, its straight up fantasy (so far).