sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, Book 3)

Shadow Walker - Allyson James <4.5 Stars out of 5

Shadow Walker is the third novel in the Stormwalker series by Allyson James, which IMO just continues to get better with every release.

Janet and Mick are back, along with the rest of the gang, and I am so glad that I picked this book to read, because it absolutely blew me away. There is so much going on in this book, at least four unique storylines, and each is so effortless woven together, it’s difficult to untangle them.

The story opens with Nash and Janet racing down an interstate when a 200 foot deep sinkhole opens up and they both fall to the bottom of it. Janet is relatively uninjured but Nash gets pretty banged up. As Janet tries to help Nash, she sees skeleton hands moving around the cave; creepy, glowing skeletal hands that seem to be drawn to her.

Janet is a storm walker and she is a great urban fantasy heroine. She cares deeply for those she loves, a good friend and human being. She struggles with controlling her Beneath magic but I love how she wrestles with herself over moral implications of having so much power. She is also a strong woman, who is comfortable enough to show her vulnerable side to Mick and she often allows him to take control.

Mick has been the love of Janet’s life; even before the first novel Storm Walker. He has guided and mentored her with her storm walking ability, as well as being her friend and lover. Their relationship has been passionate and caring, but Janet has always withheld a portion of herself from Mick. Mick is one of my favorite characters, he is well-written and in Shadow Walker we learn how truly scary he can be to those he does not care deeply for is shattering for Janet. This whole storyline was heartbreaking, yet satisfying at the same time, as it forced the main character to evaluate the strength and commitment of their relationship under the most trying of circumstances.

A great addition to the series is Janet’s grandmother who arrives on the scene to help Janet out. She is so well written you can visualize her jumping off the page shaking her head at Janet. She has her own agenda and powers and we learn more of Janet’s background and where her strength comes from. Janet’s notion of her elderly grandmother is challenged and she learns that sometimes you do need to lean on others to help you out.

Overall, I loved Shadow Walker. The storylines were amazing and Janet and Mick are the perfect hero/heroine couple. The secondary characters are well developed and bring depth to the storylines. My favorites are the overly serious Sheriff Nash Jones and the comedic magic mirror. There are many more interesting characters that add to the series and I can’t complain about any of them. Even the evil Gabrielle is interesting.

I would recommend this book to all urban fantasy and paranormal junkies out there. Shadow Walker can be read as a stand alone, but it would be best to read the series in order. There is so much history before Shadow Walker; you would be missing something special.