sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, Book 1)

Glimmerglass - Jenna Black I’ve been a big fan of Jenna Black’s “Morgan Kingsley” adult series, so even though this book is a young adult novel, I was excited to read it and it did not let me down. I love the way Ms. Black does such an amazing job of getting inside the main characters head and showing us that conflicted insight that makes Dana such an interesting character.

This is the first novel in the Faeriewalker Series. Shadowspell, the follow-up, will be released in early 2011. The book was a very quick read for me and I just didn’t want to put it down. There is a little world development, but it is mixed in with the story so much it is not even noticeable. Several supporting characters, including new best buddy Kimber, hunky trainer Keane and kidnapper Ethan, provide additional character depth. My favorite character though is Finn, her Knight bodyguard. All tough and snarly on the outside but a sweetie at heart. There appears to be two potential love interests for Dana – Ethan and Keane, but Ms. Black does a great job of not rushing their relationships. I look forward to how she develops them in the next book.

Overall, Glimmerlass is a wonderful beginning to a new young adult series and I would strongly recommend this book.