sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)

Bound By Moonlight - Nancy Gideon Book Completed: August 24, 2011
Rating: 4 stars

This was my first read by Nancy Gideon and it will not be my last. This is the fourth book in the Moonlight series and although I have not read any of the previous novels it did not detract from enjoyment of this one. Although, the other books must have some continuity between them because at times I felt I was reading something I should have known but didn’t, if you get my drift. So this book can be read alone, but there are probably some nuances that will be missed.

It was interesting to have a character such as Max Savoie, whose background is not just a little shady, but a lot. Although, as the story progresses we learn more about Max’s childhood and begin to understand that his character development was greatly influenced by those around him. Overall, he is a strong, caring, and sensitive lead character and I liked him a lot, even with his questionable background.

Charlotte (Cee Cee) Caissie is the daughter of one of the City’s most respected cops and she constantly struggles to live up to the family reputation. Her being the mate and dating Max Savoie throws some major hurtles in that area. Also, her partner Alain Babineau, is constantly on her case about Max. I’m not exactly sure about Alain. I get the feeling he is out to get Max but that thread is left hanging, so I will just need to wait and see. Cee Cee is an interesting character to me, there were times when I really liked her and then times I wanted to smack her upside the head and ask her “What the heck are you doing?” But overall, she is loyal, independent and passionate about those in her life. Both Cee Cee and Max had some growing up to do and learn to actually communicate with each other and not just make assumptions about how the other would deal with things. I liked that about the.

The story had good pacing and I was kept interested throughout the book. It took the whole book to solve the crime, and the revelation of the perpetrator was unexpected. Overall a good read that I would recommend. You should enjoy the paranormal genre and don’t expect your characters to be all bright and shiny. These characters are real and have serious flaws but are generally good, decent people – just the majority of us.