sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Three Sisters (Blackberry Island)

Three Sisters (Blackberry Island) - Susan Mallery 4.5 Stars

The only reason I didn't give Three Sisters 5 stars is that it started out a bit slow for me and I had to push myself to continue reading. However, once the story unfolded and began to take shape, I greedily continued to read.

Three Sisters is in reference to three Victorian houses that occupy a small cul-de-sac on Blackberry Island. However, it also refers to the three uniquely individual women that own them and the friendship that develops amongst them.

Andi is a woman jilted at the alter; when her fiancé of ten years stands her up on their wedding day. She impetuously decides to move Blackberry and remodel one of the three sisters (homes) while getting over her fiance’s betrayal. Her arrival brings Deanna, an OCD Stepford wife and Boston, an artist struggling to come to terms with the death of her infant, together. These three unlikely women build a friendship on their imperfections which helps them resolve the issues that threaten to destroy their happiness.

Three Sisters is a journey to discovering friendships and working out relationship issues that we all think are unique to each of us; but really are what unites us. It had me crying at times, especially with Boston and Deanna, since their issues are so heart wrenching. I loved this book and am really hoping that Susan Mallery plans another novel in this series.