sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Jealousy (Strange Angels, Book 3)

Jealousy - Lili St. Crow 2.5 out of 5 Stars

I know this is a teen novel and I’m certainly not that audience by a long shot, but a good story is a good story, irregardless of age. Having completed the first two books in the series: Strange Angels and Betrayals, I found this series had such potential. I liked Dru as the tough as nails teenager who could take care of herself, despite the hardships she has endured.

In Jealousy, all that changes and she reverts to wimp status in my opinion. Jealousy fell short of the standard set in Strange Angels and Betrayals in my opinion and is the weakest of the three books published to date. The first 2/3 of Jealousy are just mind numbingly boring; Dru cries, Dru is betrayed, Dru is lied to, Dru needs Graves by her side, Dru can’t trust anyone, Graves may (or may not) like Dru, but does she really like (or not like) Graves or does she really like Christophe. No, she couldn’t really like HIM could she? Really!! This is the majority of the plot and it just did not work for me.

When Christophe arrives on the scene two-thirds into the book the book pacing took off and issues and actions just flew at me. Why Christophe was relegated to the back end of the book when he was certainly the best part escapes me. I can only hope that in Defiance, Ms. St. Crow gives me a good reason. I haven’t yet given up on the series, but I am reserving judgment until after Defiance. Overall, a bit of a disappointing read for me, if you haven’t guessed.