sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Head Over Heels (A Lucky Harbor Novel)

Head Over Heels  - Jill Shalvis 4.5/5 Stars

The Lucky Harbor Series has quickly become one of my favorite series and Jill Shalvis is becoming a “must” buy author. Head Over Heels is touchingly sweet and endearing, and we finally get to read Sawyer and Chloe’s story, which has been brewing since the first book.

Chloe arrived a little over a year ago in Lucky Harbor a free spirited risk taker, unable to make a commitment and determined to keep her wild child status. However, fate may have something different in mind for her. Chloe’s sisters, Maddie and Tara, have managed to find true love and Chloe is beginning to yearn for that kind of happiness, but with that commitment issue, that could be a problem.

Sawyer Thompson has become a straight laced, by the book, follow all the rules, kind of man. Sawyer was a delinquent during his youth who drank too much, ran with the wrong crowd and was involved in an incident that colored his whole outlook on life. He is determined to atone for that childhood and Chloe is exactly the type of woman he should avoid, but just can’t.

I found myself enjoying how Sawyer’s and Chloe’s romance evolves. There are many humorous moments in the book that had me laughing out loud. in particular, Chloe has a sex test that is reminiscent of Elaine’s test for sponge worthiness of Seinfeld fame. Chloe is one sassy, determined and carefree woman and I loved her immensely. She has matured a great deal from the first book, but has managed to keep the foundation of her personality, which is refreshing.

Sawyer is a big, old, hottie that I just feel in love with. I would say “sweet” but that is an inside joke and you will need to read the book to find out what that means.

At times the story moved a bit slow when compared with the previous ones; however, the slower tempo was exactly what Sawyer and Chloe’s relationship required. Both needed the time to confront their pasts and recognize that they both deserved a happy ever after.

The supporting cast continues to be a treasure trove. Both of Chloe’s sisters are present, along with their wonderful significant others. Lance and Lucille make repeat appearance and I continued to laugh at Lucille’s antics (because I truly believe we all have a Lucille in our family. I admit to being thoroughly intrigued by “the hot guy” and really hope is the male lead in the upcoming Lucky in Love due out in May 2012.

If you haven’t checked out the Lucky Harbor and are a fan of contemporary romances, then you should check this series out. Each sister’s story is unique and special and worthy of a read. I give Head Over Heels 4½ flowers and a sensuality rating of 3 flames.