sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Blood of the Demon (Demons of Infernum)

Blood of the Demon - Rosalie Lario What more could I want in a book; demons, the apocalypse, hunky bounty hunters and a conflicted hero that is torn between love and duty? All are elements I am instantly attracted to in a book. Also, the book cover, though subtle, attracted me. I like the combination of colors and the subtle flames of the red rising up to the cool blue of the lovers.

The story starts out quickly but then drags a bit through the introduction and story setup. Once that is through, the story pacing gets better as it heads towards it climatic ending. I enjoyed the romance between Brynn and Keegan. There is an instant attraction between the two characters that practically leaps off the page and then steadily heats up from there. Keegan does try to resist the attraction but ultimately gives it. Keegan’s reasons for his holdout are revealed as the story progresses and I did believe them I just thought he made a bit too much out of them.

Interwoven with the romance is a second storyline about an evil presence that is also pursuing Brynn. Involved in that storyline are Keegan’s brothers and just let me say they were the highlight of the book for me. I loved their characters and their abilities, as well as the storyline about how each has a different ability and why. The closeness between the brothers was a joy to read and I can’t wait to read the upcoming brothers stories (Mark of the Slyph is Taeg’s story and is due out in September 2011). Another intriguing secondary character is the villain in pursuit of Brynn. His goal is to rule the world(s) and he will not hesitate to use/kill Brynn to do it. His evilness is so bad it is good.

Blood of Demon is a great paranormal romance addition to any bookshelf and highly recommended for paranormal fans who are suckers for romance, demons and alpha males.