sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Almost to Die For: A Vampire Princess Novel (Vampire Princess of St. Paul)

Almost to Die For - Tate Hallaway The story is a solid read, but I found myself neither getting really excited about the story but not really disliking it also.

The strongest character is Anastasija (Ana). She is an outcaste in school and has few friends. We learn in the story that her mother is a witch and her father a vampire. She is their child through a marriage that was supposed to ensure peace between the species, but hasn’t. I disliked the parents characters throughout the book, especially the mother, whose attempt to control her daughter through casting a spell on her left me a very negative impact on me. I did enjoy the two male love interests which were at opposite ends of the story, of course. But an event at the end of the book did set up an interesting scenario for the next novel. There were a couple of these “twists” but they really didn’t really add anything solid to story.