sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

The Valcourt Heiress (Medieval Song Quartet)

The Valcourt Heiress - Catherine Coulter 3 stars out of 5
Catherine Coulter has always been a favorite author of mine but it has been years since I picked up one of her romance novels. So when I received this I was pleasantly surprised. It has that fairy tale quality to it that makes it an enjoyable romance read.

Merry flees her home to avoid a forced marriage arranged by her mother. She is almost abducted in the woods but is rescued by a mysterious nobleman, , Garron of Kersey the new earl of Warham Castle. Merry and Garron work togther to rebuild Warham Castle and their relationship develops. But their happiness is threatened as the unidentified Black Demon and Merry's wicked mother who each have their own plans. The Valcourt Heiress is delightful combination of historical fiction, fantasy and suspense. A really fun read.

The budding relationship between Merry and Garron was my favorite aspect of the book. I liked how it developed over the novel. The Black Demon's role is especially intriguing and I liked Coulter's twist on blending into the main plot.

Overall a good solid read that I liked. The medieval setting is one of my favorites and not often done with this much expertise.