sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Hands of Flame (The Negotiator, Book 3)

Hands of Flame - C. E. Murphy Rating: ★★★½

“Hands of Flame” is the third and final installment in the Negotiator Series. It wraps up Margrit’s transition from the human world to her total involvement in the world of the Old Races. In this book, Margrit is called upon to negotiate an agreement between two of the Old Races as their war threatens to spill over to the human world and jeopardize the secrecy of the races.

Frankly, I had a hard time getting through this book. It lacked something and I’m just not sure what it was. There was plenty of action; as Margrit was almost killed several times throughout the book, plenty of secrets and revelations were revealed, and most of the questions were wrapped up before the last page.

So what’s my problem? Well, mainly the lack of character connection. The characters were there but it felt that they were just going through the scenes to get to the ending. This book was more driven with plot and structure than with the actual characters.

Overall, Hands of Flame is well written, with both the plot and structure well thought out and explained. I just felt the “heart” of the book was missing.