sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, Book 1)

Red-Headed Stepchild - Jaye Wells Red-Headed Stepchild is the debut novel from Jaye Wells, so there is a bit of background development and world building in the book, but not too much that it slows the pace down. What makes this different than your typical urban fantasy/paranormal novel is the different take on the heroine that the author takes. Not only is the heroine one tough chick, but she really doesn’t start out as a likeable character. She is a half-breed vampire assassin sent to kill in the name of the vampire council and does so quite ruthlessly.

As the story progresses we find out that Sabina is not only a tool of the council but is being manipulated by them. Her family background reveals that of a soap opera - an evil vampire grandmother who is the head of the council, a sexy mage/potential boyfriend, a missing mage father, a sex addict fairy and you have the makings of a great series. One of my favorite characters is Sabina’s demon sidekick Giguhl. At times, I was laughing out loud at Giguhl’s antics and what the poor demon goes through. I can’t wait for the next book to see what Ms. Wells does with his character! The next book in the series, The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane) and has already been moved up in the to be read pile.