sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine
SPOILER ALERT!

Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan, Book 8)

Black Magic Sanction - Kim Harrison I give this a 4.5 star rating

Another wonderful effort from Kim Harrison. I keep waiting for the quality and depth of writing that I’ve come to expect from this series to decline with the number of books published, but it hasn’t! Rachel still remains a fresh character, with her numerous foibles, along with her cohorts Ivy and Jinx. Ivy doesn’t have as significant role in this book as she has had in other ones, but Jinx’s storyline is heart wrenching and wonderfully written and Rachel’s relationship with Al is front and center in the book and is such fun.

In this book Rachel deals with her being shunned as witch that occurred in White Witch, Black Curse, continues to deal with her inner demon, begins a budding relationship with Pierce, confronts her past with Trent, and deals with her old ex –boyfriend Nick. There are so many threads and storylines in the book but none of them feel rushed or forced and Kim Harrison handles them with deftly. All in all, just another day for Rachel.

I thoroughly enjoy Kim Harrison’s Rachel Morgan series. This is a must read book series and author for me. If you haven’t read this series, I would strongly recommend them, but they should be read in order.