sherriwright395

Felicity E. Heaton
Shades of Blue Boxed Set
Hildie McQueen
Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
Lauren Harris, Peter Woodworth, Glenn Freund, Jared Axelrod, Tiffany Trent, Deliliah Dawson, Karina Cooper, Leanna Renee Hieber, Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine

The Diva Doctrine: 16 Universal Principles Every Woman Needs to Know

The Diva Doctrine: 16 Universal Principles Every Woman Needs to Know - Patricia V. Davis Ever once in a while a non-fiction books jumps up and just grabs my attention. This book was one of them. I actually had seen it posted on NetGalley.com before the publisher contacted me about the virtual blog tour.

So what grabbed my attention? The quirky, non-nonsense, down to earth, tell it like it is style of writing that Patricia V. Davis has. Her light and humorous writing style enhances the storytelling of this book and makes the often burdensome topic of self improvement actually fun to read about. I liked that she wasn’t claiming to be the “know it all” that some self help authors claim to be and I liked that she used her life events to demonstrate her point. She is more like that real friend that tells you when your haircut is wrong or when your outfit really does make you look fat in the manner she writes.

So just what are the 16 universal principals? The principals boil down to practical insights that living and experiencing a full life can give a woman. Not that we don’t have some of these principals when we are young, but one tends to learn them by truly living. There are many pearls of diva wisdom, but a couple of my favorites are the following:

A True Diva treats other women as she would want to be treated. That’s why a True Diva can never be ugly.

Life is too short to spend time fretting over people who don’t have our best interests at heart. Divas concentrate on working to leave our piece of the planet a little bit better than it was before we got here, and on enriching the lives of those we care about and who care about us in return.

Believe that there is a worth to you alone, a an individual – not only in relation to others – and that there is a value to your beliefs, wishes and dreams.

The last quote I think was my favorite and essentially the major point of the book in my opinion. The Diva Doctrine is a wonderful read suitable for all ages and would make a wonderful gift to someone you care about.